Saturday, March 10, 2007

Ek Chhoti si IT love story????

Now how does one go about creating a tale who's underlying themes are romance, intrigue and unrequited love? In other(simpler) words how does a "pyaar mein aath aane kam" guy like me write a love story? Now since I am in the IT biz of course i'm gonna try to incorporate this into my storyline. In the last 20 odd months of working in an IT firm I have seen many a so called "office courtships and office romances" i.e. love that was created and nurtured in the sterile, brightly lit, caffeine overdosed IT environment!
Unfortunately since I never got a taste of this particular type of medicine I will have to offer at best a third person perspective to the story.

Of course since it's gonna be my story it has to be quirky yet realistic, touching yet nothing that comes close to being too mushy, lovey - dovey, smoochy-woochy, or overly mentisental! After all I don't wanna run the risk of producing something Barbara Cartland or Danielle Steele would be proud of!

I'm writing an initial draft. Of course, in the past also I have announced that I'll be writing a story only to forget about it later on (The life of a rioter being a fine example of dis.) But since I've already started so maybe this one will see the light of the day!

Of course I can take such risks because I'm not afraid of alienating the core, regular readers of me blog, simply
because there exist no such people.

So here goes (meaning in the next post which will be whenever..)
Ek prem kahani,
ek S/W engineer ki zubaani!

5 comments:

Deric said...

Santi paaajiii...oye chakde phaattteee..!!!!!!!!

I am eagerly waiting for the love story...hmmm

is it monika ki story..or a twist having chalooo datta/stevan in betn...:-)

Pradeep Silva said...

oyeeee santaaaa
your blog has the same viewership as CY vs CY.and by a strange coincidence it is the same two people who used to watch that show also.

St. Osh said...

oye prady! im so honoured that u have compared my blog to that epitome of inspired moronory. thankie da!

Prateek said...

santa,

when can we expect this story... am eagerly waiting for it...

would you consider writing a comic strip someday?

St. Osh said...

Hey Prateek,
Dunno man I've written half of the story...will write it soon.

As for a comic strip..my drawing awful. I'll need someone to do the pencilling...but I don't mind.