Friday, October 5, 2007

Bheja vu ki Deja Fry?

As October begins to sinks its teeth into me, as I spend another Saturday morning glued to my PC screen reading nondescript blogs, the occasional movie review and chatting with umpteen friends online while all the time having this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach I get the feeling that I have experienced all this before.

Of course, just last year I went through this same routine and the reason for it is so achingly obvious - come mid-November, December the entire jamboree of MBA entrance exams will begin, few of which in I will fare well enough to have an outside chance of securing a GD/PI call and in most of which I will score miserably average percentiles. CAT, XAT, SNAP, NMAT , SHIT ....

Okay, I made up the last one but they seriously should consider naming an exam that. Even last year I did not study well enough, just commuting to and fro to office taking away most of my energy. Foolhardily I have decided to try again. Fortunately this time will be my last, one way or the another!!!

Why am I dong an MBA? Is it just because the rest of humanity (the brown skinned ones that is) is also doing so? The answer is yes!
Why not remain in technical field, to which my talents (or the lack thereof) are more suited? Is it because the Indian IT industry sucks? Yes again!
Why not give up all mortal attachments and go do penance in the Himalayas then? I wish it were so easy.

People who have graduated can empathize how difficult it is to start studying again once courses as abominably unbearable like engineering have finished!

So once again, this year too, I will be spending a lot of cash on applying for these exams and colleges, with very low returns on my expenditure.
If again I am unsuccessful in garnering admission by way of these exams I will hop onto the GMAT bandwagon, then maybe something else.

Who knows one day I might actually even sit down and study something.




No comments: